St. Stephens Senior Housing was created when St. Stephens Lutheran Church agreed to ground lease a portion of their property for affordable senior housing. St. Stephens affordable homes are a result of an innovative collaboration between the faith-based community, local advocates, public agencies, and private partners to address the high costs of living for seniors with fixed income.
Iman Novin was the Project Management Consultant for St. Stephens Apartments, and was responsible for guiding the project design team. Iman worked closely with St. Stephens Church and Santa Cruz County staff members during both entitlement and construction phases of the development to deliver 40 units for low income seniors and veterans.
- Apartments for 40 low- and very-low income seniors, including senior veterans and frail elderly
- Near many amenities and community services, including a public park, supermarket, pharmacy, the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, and Dominican Hospital
- Close to public transportation
- On-site amenities include a community garden, large community room with full kitchen, computer lab, exercise room, outdoor BBQ area, and bocce ball court
- Five units reserved for senior veterans
- Five units reserved for frail elderly
- Extensive supportive services are provided in collaboration with the VA Palo Alto Healthcare System HUD-VASH Program and Health Projects Center
- Herman Coliver Locus (HCL)
- L&D Construction
- Santa Cruz County
- Santa Cruz County Housing Authority
- Veteran’s Affairs Department
- Wells Fargo
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee